Most homes have gutters but that doesn’t mean all of them do. If you own a home without them or own a home with gutters that simply aren’t doing their job, read this blog covering why you should invest in new ones.
1. Keeping People Dry: Without gutters, the ends of your home will be drenched with all the rain that gets dropped onto your roof. Getting soaked everytime it’s raining when you leave and enter your house is not fun.
2. Basement Flooding: Without gutters, water can pool up around your foundation, seeping through cracks and causing flooding problems. Gutters direct water away from your foundation so there is not pooling of water around your foundation.
3. Visual Appeal: Water gushing down from all sides of your home looks sloppy and over time will cause your house to look dirty.
4. Prevent Decay: Most siding on homes are not building to handle excessive water soaking over an extended period of time. Deterioration and even rotting can take place if you don’t use gutters to reduce how much water is actually making impact with your home.
5. Mold Growth: Naturally when your home gets drenched with more water, the extra moisture can make it susceptible to mold growth. This can either be mold growth on the physical siding or because of leakage, mold growth on the inside of your walls.
6. Protect Your Landscape: The heavy flow of rain that comes off your roof can seriously damage your landscaping if there isn’t a way to control it.
For more information on reasons that you should install new gutters, please feel free to reach out. We can be contacted over the phone at 781-857-1000 or through our online contact form.